Spare Ribs – Who doesn’t like sweet and sticky spare ribs. These are a staple at our house and weather they are the thin or thick variety we love spare ribs. Braising them at a low temperature for a long time will give you beautiful moist and tender ribs.
For the sauce you need my Barbeque Sauce 2 recipe to glaze the ribs once they are cooked. It will give you plenty of sauce with some left overs.
- 1-1½ kilo spare ribs these are the thin variety, see image.
For the Rub
- 60 gr dark brown sugar
- 1 teas salt
- 1 teas garlic
- ½ teas cayenne pepper
- 2 teas freshly grated black pepper
- 1 tbsp red paprika
For the Braise
- 2½ dl apple cider vinegar
- 1 dl water
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl
- Take the ribs and trim and excess fat off.
- Sprinkle the rub on both sides of the rack of ribs and rub it into the meat well. Set aside in the roasting pan for an hour or more.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- When ready to cook, pour the vinegar and water over the ribs. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and braise in the oven for 1 and ½ hours. Braise in the lower part of the oven.
- Once cooked, remove to a cutting board and cut into individual ribs. Spoon over sauce to coat all the ribs and serve.