Here I have served this sauce with ricotta cheese filled Ravioli which makes the dish very rich. Gorgonzola Sauce is also great on Fettuccine or classically with Potato Gnocchi.
Serves 4 as and appetizer or 2 as a main course.
You can double and triple this recipe, everything relies on the quality and ripeness of the Gorgonzola cheese.
Here I have served this sauce with ricotta cheese filled Ravioli which makes the dish very rich. Gorgonzola Sauce is also great on Fettuccine or classically with Potato Gnocchi. Serves 2 as an appetizer or 2 as a main course.
- 110 gr gorgonzola cheese well ripened and cut into large cubes
- 80 ml milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 60 ml heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 25 gr Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teas salt
- 300 gr fettuccini or another dried pasta of your choice
- Measure out all your ingredients and in a small sauce pan place the cream, milk and butter to melt. Add the Gorgonzola and melt (do not boil). Warm a serving dish and place your pasta in it. Pour the melted sauce over the pasta and then add the grated Parmesan cheese, toss and serve immediately.
- This can be done in a large heavy pan if you are making this for 4 to 6 persons, tossing in the drained cooked pasta then adding the grated Parmesan cheese and tossing to coat it all. Pour into a warmed serving dish and serve immediately,
This sauce is especially good for fresh pasta and making your own for this is worth the little extra work it takes. This recipe relies on the Gorgonzola being of good quality and it's being ripe without it being over ripe. It should be freshly cut, creamy white and have a mellow flavor. Avoid crumbly pre-cut slices you find in the supermarket and it should definitely not smell of old sneakers. You can double and quadruple this recipe if you would like to make it for more people. The original recipe said this was good for 6 persons but I think 4 is more like it. I like a good deal of sauce, which makes this a truly luxurious and delicious treat.
Calories: 1922kcalCarbohydrates: 225gProtein: 80gFat: 78gSaturated Fat: 44gCholesterol: 447mgSodium: 4428mgPotassium: 1225mgFiber: 10gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 2306IUCalcium: 1163mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply