This is a great anytime drink from late afternoon into the early hours of the morning and has become in the last couple of years very popular again. It’s a great warm weather drink that can be made in bulk before hand.
If you are going to make several of these at one time, distribute 8 – 10 mint leaves into each glass you will need. Then add the sugar and mull or crush the leaves in each glass when its time to serve. You can make all the liquid in advance and leave it in the fridge until you need it.
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 mixing spoons of superfine sugar or 2 teaspoons of white sugar syrup
- 4-5 crushed ice cubes
- 4 cl White Cuban Rum
- 2 cl lime juice
- 6 cl club soda
- Wash the mint leaves and place them in a tall glass.
- Add the sugar, and crush the mint leaves with a pestle.
- Add the crushed ice and the other ingredients.
- Stir for 8 - 10 seconds and serve immediately.